The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is the largest scholarship foundation in the country, and is dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. Since its opening in 2000, the Foundation has awarded $125 million in scholarships to 1,800 students, and $79 million in grants to organizations that support their mission.
As their website proudly announces, "Jack Kent Cooke Scholars think big, work hard, and achieve. They have diverse interests, are in a wide array of fields, and are passionate about giving back." Check out some profiles of past Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship recipients: Raul Magdaleno, Matthew Loftus, and Harun Mehmedinovic.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2014, or a recent graduate (since spring 2010).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2015.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- Have not previously been nominated for the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship.
- Have not previously attended a four-year institution.
The Foundation must receive your application by December 2, 2014. Apply here!